Tuesday 12 February 2013

It was never meant to be like this...



Sucks right? It gets worse. V is due to come home around midday. His dad rings my doorbell. Little man does not want to get out of the car. He says he doesn't want to see me.  He wants to go home with his daddy. I point out that most mornings I have to bribe this kid to get out of bed. Last week when I suggested we go to softplay he cried. Everytime we get on the train to his dad's house he insists on sitting in my lap, never wants to see his dad, refuses to get off the train. He is three. Every other week his routine is changed. He has two homelifes that are very different. He misses his dad. He misses his mum. He misses his old family. I know that feeling. I feel your pain son. I get this daily, I know how to deal with it. The ex doesn't and instead suggests that they go to the arcade near my house for a while. Give a three year old the option to 'go home with mummy or go shooting with daddy'. Sure. Ex gives me a triumphant smile. I don't know that it is warranted. I bite my lip. I close the front door. The doorbell rings. Now ex and new girlfriend are both standing on my doorstep. Insisting I come to the arcade with them. No. Straight up. Insisting. Seriously, guys, this is weird. I have met this woman a grand total of once. My kid was sleeping over at her house before I even knew she existed. My kid who at that point had never spent a night away from my bed. As much as things were bad between the ex and I, she was still the catalyst that broke up my family. I get in the car. Stupidly. This unhappy foursome drive to the arcade. They have in-jokes. I bite my lip to stop our old in-jokes spilling out. We play air hockey. Me and the ex. I don't want to remind him of all the times we played this in Dutch sports bars at 3am. I don't want to remind him that I know to let him win. That time he once broke my finger when our competitiveness got the better of us playing pool. They cram into a shoot em up booth. My kid, his father and the new girlfriend. They insist I get in. Why am I making things awkward? She squeals at the zombies, drops her gun, hides her face in the lapels of his coat. I was with him when he bought that coat. I save her life. Twice. The ex decides he needs to leave. Vin does not want to. If they weren't here I would have picked him up, explained that we were leaving, headed home. Ex doesn't understand this. He suggests V and I stay while him and her slip out. I can't get home. She gives me money for a cab. I want to throw up. She opens up her designer purse, with a photobooth pic of the two of them. She gives me a handful of change for a cab. Could I feel any lower. They leave. I am standing in the middle of the Amusement Arcade with my hyped up kid. I look down to realise he is not wearing a coat. I held it in till we got home. Then I collapsed in a heap in the middle of the kitchen floor. Dry-heaving with sadness. Frustration. Humiliation. I wonder how it happened, that this one person who I used to love so passionately deeply excessively can leave me wracked with grief. Every single time. Fuck fuck fuck. Panting in between sobs. This was never meant to happen. My kid should never have to see me cry. 

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow that is a crappy. Crappy that you had to endure your ex with the new girl friend, crappy that he doesn't understand how to handle his three year old saying no, crappy that he doesn't need to learn because he can dump the issue back on you, and super crappy that it all must hurt so much. Big big supportive hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Momma :-( no great words of wisdom for you...just wanted to encourage you to hang in there...it's ok for your kid to see you cry...let him see you stand up dust yourself off...let him see it's ok to be weak but that you have strength inside you as well. And you do!! This situation sucks!...but you can get through this!! You have to, you are a mom who fiercely loves your child...YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Charlotte - what a raw and emotional post, and so different to your usual sense of humour and cheerfulness - understandably so! I am so sorry you had to put up with such insensitive behaviour. I think you really dealt with it with dignity - and that's what your little one will remember when he grows up. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know where to start. I am a smug married and I wish I could take all your grief away and make things better!!!! I just want to hug you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh sweets.... thank you for being brave enough to share this. i hope that it gave you some release. thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it, you could be a great
    author.I will make sure to bookmark your blog and definitely will
    come back in the future. I want to encourage that you continue your great
    writing, have a nice evening!

    Feel free to surf to my page :: bydgoszcz - ,

    ReplyDelete

  7. Am here to testify what this great spell caster done for me. i never believe in spell casting, until when i was was tempted to try it. i and my husband have been having a lot of problem living together, he will always not make me happy because he have fallen in love with another lady outside our relationship, i tried my best to make sure that my husband leave this woman but the more i talk to him the more he makes me fell sad, so my marriage is now leading to divorce because he no longer gives me attention. so with all this pain and agony, i decided to contact this spell caster to see if things can work out between me and my husband again. this spell caster who was a woman told me that my husband is really under a great spell that he have been charm by some magic, so she told me that she was going to make all things normal back. she did the spell on my husband and after 5 days my husband changed completely he even apologize with the way he treated me that he was not him self, i really thank this woman her name is Dr Aluta she have bring back my husband back to me i want you all to contact her who are having any problem related to marriage issue and relationship problem she will solve it for you. her email is traditionalspellhospital@gmail.com she is a woman and she is great. wish you good time.
    He cast spells for different purposes like
    (1) If you want your ex back.
    (2) if you always have bad dream
    (3) You want to be promoted in your office.
    (4) You want women/men to run after you.
    (5) If you want a child.
    (6) You want to be rich.
    (7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
    (8) If you need financial assistance.
    (9) HIV/AIDS CURE
    (10) is the only answer to that your problem of winning the lottery

    Contact him today on: traditionalspellhospital@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete